- Issue Time
Many machines are currently equipped with agricultural linear actuators. These actuators work in conjunction with various automation technologies to ensure efficiency.
Agriculture was one of the first industries to adopt automation as a tool for improvement. Automated farming is also known as smart farming. The implementation of agricultural automation helps to improve farm efficiency and enhance the livestock production cycle. However, agricultural automation is highly dependent on the mechanical equipment used in the system. Mechanical components such as linear actuators play an important role in agricultural mechanization. To perform repetitive tasks, the installed machinery is equipped with agricultural linear actuators. These actuators are electric, so they are called electric linear actuators, and they work in conjunction with various automation technologies to ensure efficiency.
The Role of Electric Linear Actuators in Agricultural Automation
Agricultural actuators play a vital role in the mechanization of agricultural processes. Actuators provide agricultural equipment with push, pull, inject, trigger, and more. Electric actuators as precision devices provide efficient work. Hence, agricultural actuators are used in everything from autonomous tractors to farm maintenance. The following discusses the application of electric linear actuators in specific automated agricultural equipment.
Mechanized Planting and Harvesting: Planting and harvesting were previously considered two labor-intensive jobs. However, today these tasks are automated and done through various devices. Best of all, many of these devices require no human intervention. Below are some examples of these devices.
- Tractors: Automated tractors are one of the most popular automation in farming. Linear actuators play an important role in the function of these autonomous tractors. The command and control functions of the automatic tractor are activated through the use of electric actuators. Activities such as driving tractor movement, steering mechanisms, and tractor ventilation are activities that are automated using linear actuators.
- Harvester: Harvesting involves harvesting and gathering ripe crops. Earlier this was done using various types of equipment such as mowers, balers, shredders, windrows, and crushers. Today, combine harvesters are used, which include a harvesting section and a baler. These machines also help with weed control. These machines are equipped with electric linear actuators that drive the harvesting blades in a cyclic motion. This is how harvesting applications become fast and efficient. Linear actuators provide a smooth and continuous function to the harvester. Grain tank operations, concave adjustments, etc. are activities in harvesters that are driven using agricultural linear actuators.
- Seed Planting Equipment: Seed planting is another labor-intensive activity that takes days to complete. Today, it is done using various automated seed planting equipment, which helps to increase planting efficiency and reduce time. Planting equipment such as planters and planters all use linear actuators. These devices are often coded for automation. This provides a time loop operation. This means that the seeder or seeder will only release seeds long after the actuator triggers
Automated Farm Maintenance: Today, activities such as fertilizing, grass picking, irrigation, spraying pesticides, etc. are performed using agricultural robots. Below are a few examples of automated farm maintenance equipment equipped with electric linear actuators.
- Irrigation: Agricultural irrigation is a precision-centric operation. Agricultural linear actuators are used in irrigation systems to trigger metered water supply. Irrigation techniques like sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, and centralized pivot irrigation are techniques that can be done with the help of actuators. Actuator systems are coded to automate precise quantities, durations, and sensor-based on-off controls.
- Pesticide Spraying: Controlling weeds and pests is important to ensure farm productivity. This is done using unmanned pesticide spraying equipment equipped with electric linear actuators. These actuators are mounted on the doors of these devices, and they release the insecticide precisely. This programming also helps avoid over spraying and ensures better weed control and productivity.
- Automated Farm Monitoring: Precision farming has become a key requirement in recent years. This is done using specially designed agricultural drones. Drone technology has evolved over the years and combined with imagery analysis can provide farmers with important insights. Drones are primarily used for surveillance activities, enabling farmers to obtain information on crops, soil assessment, irrigation and drainage, harvest planning, and more. Surveillance drones require precise control due to their technical sensitivity. This is achieved by using electric actuators. Motion triggering, return to destination commands, drone tool attachment/detachment, etc. are performed by using automated linear actuators.
However, the aforementioned benefits of agricultural automation can only be obtained if quality products are used in the automation. Since agricultural mechanization is highly dependent on motion control equipment such as linear actuator farming, it is important to use quality products from trusted suppliers.
UG Controls is a professional custom valve actuator manufacturer. We use our engineering expertise and industry experience to continuously improve our products, striving to provide efficient solutions and competitive prices. UG is also a global supplier of highly engineered actuators and accessories to the Oil & Gas, Mining, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Water & Power, Food & Beverage, and general industrial markets. If you want to buy actuators, welcome to contact us.